Find the best sales assistant jobs with a recruitment agency
Sales & Retails Jobs are ideal career choices for people of all ages and expertise. Whether you’re a student looking for extra money or a full-time store assistant looking for the perfect long-term job, going through a recruitment agency is the best way to find sales assistant jobs.
Looking online can still be a very effective way of finding jobs. However, fewer opportunities will be available, and you’ll be less likely to find the very best jobs in your area.
If you are looking for a job and are considering joining a staffing agency, continue reading below to learn how important it is for a sales assistant.
How popular are sales assistant jobs?
There are people across many backgrounds and professions that are interested in sales assistant jobs. Consequently, there are many excellent job opportunities in the UK. According to statistics, there are around 1.3 million sales assistants in the UK, with half of all retail employees under part-time contracts.
Skills needed for a sales assistant jobs include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Working on your feet a lot
- Able to handle transactions
- Friendly and helpful approach
- Ability to use your initiative
Where to find sales assistant jobs?
There are a few main options available when looking for retail assistant jobs.
Online job sites
Plenty of retail companies advertise their job openings on websites. This means anyone can view available jobs and apply for them. To do this, you’ll need to sign up to the job websites and upload your CV. Additionally, most job openings will also require a cover letter.
If there is any particular retail store that you plan on working in, you can visit the shop in person and inquire about any job openings. Many retail stores will have signs outside stating whether there are job openings, while other opportunities could be listed on the official website.
Through an agency
A large number of retail companies do their recruitment through a recruiting agency, as it is a much more efficient and quick method of doing things. This means that a lot of sales job opportunities will not be available on job websites, so you will need to join a sales recruitment agency to find them. Through a recruitment agency, your chances of landing a top job increase significantly, and you’ll be able to start working sooner.
Workers-Direct and retail assistant jobs
Workers-Direct is one of the leading recruitment companies in the UK, with expertise in helping candidates find retail and sales assistant jobs. We have a reputation for providing effective and quick recruitment solutions, so you can land your dream job without hanging around.
When you join us you can benefit from:
- Expert guidance: We take pride in our ability to nurture talented individuals and help them advance in their career. Our team of experts possess specialist knowledge across a wide variety of industries including retail and sales, so you can benefit from our wisdom and insight to further your career.
- Rapid results: No one wants to hang around for weeks waiting to hear back from a job. At Workers-Direct, we work very hard to speed up the recruitment process and get results as soon as possible. This allows you to start your new job as soon as possible and start earning money.
- No joining fee: Candidates joining Workers-Direct will not need to pay any kind of joining fee upfront, so there’s no risk to doing your job search with us. We only charge our clients once we have successfully matched them with a candidate.
- Top reputation: Over our years in the recruitment industry, we have developed a strong reputation for excellence and efficiency. Working with many clients across the economy, our recruitment solutions have helped all kinds of companies and workers find their ideal solution.
One of our areas of specialism is retail and sales. This gives us the know-how and connections to provide world-class recruitment solutions in the retail industry, for both clients and workers.
Should you become a store assistant?
The job of store assistant is a very promising one, no matter what age or qualification level you are.
As a store assistant, many key skills are learned including:
- Independent working
- Customer-facing experience
- High-pressure environment
- Financial skills
- Teamwork and coordination
Starting off in a sales assistant role, individuals can climb up the career ladder and achieve management positions. Alternatively, sales assistant jobs can show employers in other industries that you have the necessary skills to succeed in any line of work.
Become a part of Workers-Direct
Workers-Direct is one of the most reputable recruiters in the country. We help individuals find their ideal jobs, matching them with jobs across many sectors. As a store assistant, you can enhance your prospects of finding employment significantly by joining us.
How to join
As a candidate, you can call us and we can start discussing your opportunities right away. After a brief consultation, we can begin matching you with suitable job openings immediately. Many of our clients are looking for urgent workers, so you may find a job within just a matter of hours or days.
Complete our application form
Alternatively, you can fill out our application form which will give us a better idea of what you’re looking for. Simply visit our website to fill out the form and we’ll respond as soon as we can. During the application, you can inform us of your desired job, working availability and expected salary.
Sales and retail specialists
- Sales opportunities: Our connections in the retail industry, along with many leading clients, opens up many unique opportunities for candidates.