Hire Temporary Staff
A temporary employee (also known as a temp or seasonal worker) is usually contracted to a company via a third party basically a recruitment agency who is responsible for the recruitment, performance and management of a pool of individuals. A temporary staff is an employment arrangement in which both parties, the employee and employer, agree in advance that the position will be filled for a set period of time. Temporary staff often are based on employer’s seasonal or specific project needs. Occasionally, temporary employees will be offered ongoing, full-time positions if their performance is excellent and a position is available.Hire Temporary Staff
Companies or organisations hire temps because of the convenience of getting assistance last minute or the ability to scale their teams for a busy period without having to interview and onboard a significant number of staff who will only be with them for a short period of time. A temporary employee does not enter into any contractual agreement with the company they do the work for.
Temporary staff means hiring an employee for a contracted period. These contract or temp workers fulfil all the functions of regular employees and can help during increases in demands, or when your full-timers take vacations or go on maternity leave. They can also provide expertise for situations outside your company’s normal work range. For example, if your company undergoes an extensive financial audit, you can hire a temporary accountant to guide you through the process.
Perks Of Hiring Temporary Staff
You have got a great degree, your resume is spotless, and your work experience is sound. But somehow, you cannot seem to find the right job. What do you do, accept temporary employment or hang in there until the perfect position comes along?
Whether you are a recent graduate or you were laid off when your previous company went into recession, sometimes it’s difficult to find the perfect permanent job. Fortunately, there’s a good alternative: working temporary positions. In fact, in the years since the 2007 recession, temporary employees have become more popular with employers who want an easily substituted workforce that doesn’t require the additional costs of benefits.
Clearly, there are many positions available for people who don’t want to or can’t find a full-time, direct hire position. But it’s not just this increase in companies hiring temporary staff that makes it important to consider taking temporary positions. It’s essential to understand that temporary positions offer a number of distinct advantages that can help your situation and your career:
- A psychological boost: If you have been out of work for a while, a temporary position can give you the psychological boost you need to know you are capable of landing a job. In addition, it can provide you with structure and a sense of meaning.
- The opportunity to make some money: Being able to earn a salary, even if it’s only for a few months, is usually preferable to claim unemployment. In many cases, the salary you will earn will be significantly higher than your unemployment payments or savings.
- Continuous employment on your resume:No employer wants to see blank spaces on a candidate’s resume, and most of us will do anything to avoid them. Temporary positions, even if they are not directly related to our chosen field can fill in the gaps and show employers you are motivated and willing to work.
- Opportunities to gain work experience: Many companies aren’t hiring permanent employees in order to keep their overhead low—but that doesn’t mean that the temporary staff they employ aren’t skilled. On the contrary, contingent workers are increasingly important assets since many highly qualified workers such as engineers and life sciences professionals prefer to work on a project-by-project basis. It’s entirely possible to find temporary staff in your professional field that can help you gain relevant work experience.
- The chance to experience various industries:Temporary work allows you to try out employment in a variety of industries. For example, if you are an IT specialist, you could work in an e-commerce company, a healthcare organisation and a call centre before you finally find the field that you like best.
- The ability to test the waters at a specific firm: If you have always dreamed of working at a specific company, accepting a temporary position will enable you to find out what it’s like to work there. In addition, it can also let you get a foot in the door for when a permanent position opens up.
- The chance to keep your knowledge up to date and learn new skills:The worst thing about being unemployed is that your knowledge can quickly become outdated. Temporary work lets you flex your professional muscles to keep them strong, as well as learn new skills that can be of use in your career.
- Build your professional network: You can build and expand your professional network while taking an opportunity of temporary jobs. And the contacts you make can be of use to help you find out about more job opportunities, as well as function as your references for future applications.
Considering these advantages, it’s obvious that temporary work or hiring a temporary staff can be a good solution when a permanent contract remains out of sight. Moreover, if you find a recruitment agency that can continuously place you in positions that match your expertise, you might even get the benefits associated with a permanent contract.
Get In Touch With Us Today
When looking for a job, a candidate must approach a reliable platform. In this modern era social networking is very active and mostly used but cannot be reliable. Thus, a recruitment agency is a better way to solve this problem. As the recruitment agency not only offers a reliable job for the candidates but also takes care of all the procedure starting right from applying till a candidate goes direct with the employer. Recruitment agencies makes sure to get the best deal for their candidate. A reliable recruitment agency like Workers-Direct has an experience of working from the past ten years. We have been working in different sectors of industries so we make sure to provide our candidate with the best.
It’s easy to start your recruitment journey with Workers-Direct. Simply drop us an email or phone us and we’ll get working on your recruitment needs right away.