Temp agencies, also referred to as temp services and staffing agencies are firms that contract with companies in need of temporary, seasonal, part-time, or temp-to-hire workers. Temp agency is known to provide workers to a variety of organisations via short-term contracts or offering temporary positions. From the employers point of view, temp agencies perform many of the duties of a company’s human resources department, but may be able to do so more efficiently and have access to a wider applicant pool. Workers see temp agencies as a reliable source as they will put in the effort to place a candidate in a job, even in a difficult job market. Plus, a temp job can be a foot in the door that leads to a permanent position. Agency Temps
Sometimes, temp agencies are seen as a last place for unskilled workers to find low-wage jobs. However, today there are temp agencies that specialise in providing highly skilled contract workers in fields like medicine, technology, publishing and engineering. These agencies provide flexibility for both employers and employees.
Functions Of A Temp Agency Agency Temps
A temp agency has a specific criteria and the process essentially works like this:
- The agency has expert consultants that search for the candidates and advertise about a job which results the candidates coming to the agency looking for jobs.
- The agency screens the candidates, knocking out the unsuitable applicants and determining what skills the candidates they hire possess.
- An employer that needs temporary workers enters into a contract with the agency. The contract defines what types of workers the employer is looking for, and the temp agency is paid once they deliver the suitable candidates.
- The agency evaluates the candidates with the required skills from its pool of candidates and sends them to the new temporary employer.
- The agency pays the workers. Agency Temps
Reasons Why Companies Use A Temp Agency
Whether it is just one or two shifts, or a number of months, a sick leave or a long holiday leave, absence can greatly impact your company. The flexible solutions provided by a temp agency can minimise that loss. Here are some reasons companies choose to use temp agencies:
- Help avoid legal issues: Temp agency must keep up with any changes in employment laws. Because your temp agency follows all legal procedures, they will make sure that all the procedures are followed keeping the law in mind and the company is not targeted because of non-compliance issues.
- Help with advertising, recruiting and interviewing: One of the biggest reason why companies use a temp agency is to save time and stress. As the temp agency takes all the responsibility of evaluating candidates starting from the searching till the interview. That means company can actually focus on their growth rather than spending too much time on searching and interviewing the shortlisted candidates.
- Help with training: When hiring someone to just cover a few shifts, you need someone who can seamlessly fill the desired position with little training. This is one of the main reasons why it is wise to use a temp staff agency. Through screening and sourcing they have access to a large database of qualified temporary candidates that can step in with limited training and limited disruption.
- Provide you with inside information: A temp agency has industry experience which can make a great source of insider information. Some areas where temp agencies can be a valuable source of market intelligence include:
- Industry trends
- Competitive wages
- Availability of candidates
This insider information can help you adapt your company’s strategies and can give you an edge over your competitor.
- Help you build connections: Through the knowledge of market intelligence and industry experience of the temp agency, this can help your company build useful network connections. These connections could lead to potential cross-promotion and business development opportunities.
- Reduce the cost of overtime: One way to deal with the issue of staff being short is to pay employees overtime. Besides the increased cost of paying overtime wages, there are other less direct costs as well. These can include:
- Employees that are overworked are more likely to make mistakes
- Employees that are overtired are also more likely to become more irritable and prone to injury
- Negative impact on employee morale
So using a temp agency can cut down on the need of regularly having to pay overtime.
Get In Touch With Us Today
When looking for a job, a candidate must approach a reliable platform. In this modern era social networking is very active and mostly used but cannot be reliable. Thus, a recruitment agency is a better way to solve this problem. As the recruitment agency not only offers a reliable job for the candidates but also takes care of all the procedure starting right from applying till a candidate goes direct with the employer. Recruitment agencies makes sure to get the best deal for their candidate. A reliable recruitment agency like Workers-Direct has an experience of working from the past ten years. We have been working in different sectors of industries so we make sure to provide our candidate with the best.
It’s easy to start your recruitment journey with Workers-Direct. Simply drop us an email or phone us and we’ll get working on your recruitment needs right away.