Job Reference: 050-PST119-1020
Employer: Department: Physician Associate Location: Healthy Prestatyn Iach, Prestatyn Salary: £31,365 – £37,890 Per annum
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and ‘Proud to Lead’ competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the “Disability Confident Employer” scheme. We also offer a number of family-friendly benefits, including childcare voucher schemes, work-life balance policies and on-site crèche facilities. Visit our web site today:trainworklivenorthwales.co.uk/
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR 12 MONTHS DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE
Physician Associate – Longitudinal Integrated Internship in Primary Care
Are you a newly qualified Physician Associate looking for your first post in Primary Care?
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board’s, Primary Care Academy based at Healthy Prestatyn Iach, a Health Board Managed Practice is offering newly qualified Physicians Associates a paid 12 month internship in Primary Care.
We are looking for newly qualified Physician Associates to apply for our exciting new internship opportunity in Primary Care. We are offering entry level salary at Agenda for Change Band 6 on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
- Your Internship will be based at Healthy Prestatyn Iach, with an identified Practice Development GP
- We will provide you with a self-directed learning programme supported by monthly peer education sessions.
- PG Dip in Physician Associate Studies from a recognised UK training programme.
- Membership of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the Royal College of Physicians.
- Take history from patients and perform appropriate physical examinations
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests, and make an appropriate assessment and diagnosis.
- Work under direct supervision using your clinical skills to deliver patient careThe Location:Healthy Prestatyn Iach offers our successful applicants an opportunity to work along a multi disciplinary clinical team consisting of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Nurses, Pharmacists and GPs working to the New Model of Primary Care in Wales focusing on the social model of care.
Why Should You Apply?
- Healthy Prestatyn Iach is a large practice with a registered population of over 20,000 patients, it is situated across 5 sites in and around Prestatyn in north Wales. The main site, Ty Nant in based in the town center with 4 branch sites situated within in a 10 miles radius.
- For further information please see the Job Description & Personal Specification
- This is an exciting new internship programme, aimed to support new qualified PA to develop clinical skills, knowledge and confidence to practice in Primary Care.
- You will be assigned a dedicated Practice Development GP
- You will attend monthly peer education sessions lead by our Clinical Programme Lead.
- You will work clinically for 70% of your working week with the remaining time protected for education and training, this will include self directed learning, community placement and audit/research.
- Your working hours can be flexible between the hours of 8:00am – 6pm Monday to Friday.Contact Gemma Nosworthy (Primary & Community Care Academy Manager) Gemma.Nosworthy@wales.nhs.uk
- Application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favorably than an application submitted in English.
Would you like to know more?
Contact Gemma Nosworthy (Primary & Community Care Academy Manager) Gemma.Nosworthy@wales.nhs.uk
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Closing date: 29th October 2020.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Gemma Nosworthy
Job title: Primary & Community Care Academy Manager
Email address: Gemma.Nosworthy@wales.nhs.uk
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Non EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website.
Please note that the inbox is not monitored. If you have any queries please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 02920 905353.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see .
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.